Black's Island is a rare and exciting opportunity to own your personal, glorious "South Pacific" - perhaps the only semi-tropical island of its kind in such a desirable U.S. location.
The 10.7 acre island is set in the pristine waters of the St. Joseph Bay - a 73,000 acre bay opening into the Gulf of Mexico, much of which is a designated aquatic preserve, teeming with a
greater variety of sea life than that of any other Florida region. All
types of fish, sea urchins, crabs and sea horses populate the bay, while
horse conch and scallops roam the undersea terrain and giant sea
turtles return each summer to lay
their eggs on the island's shores.
A semi-tropical island blessed with freshwater springs, this natural paradise abounds with black mangroves, flowering cacti and yaupon holly, and is a favorite resting place for migrating butterflies and snow-white pelicans.
Black's Island is the chosen wintering spot for many ducks and geese as well as home to giant egrets, ospreys and eagles.
Only accessible by boat, seaplane or helicopter, this seven-acre island has been developed into a magical, secluded paradise retreat, complete with world-class accommodations and amenities.
• FLORIDA'S LAST PRIVATE ISLAND
• Located in the heart of St. Joseph Bay with easy access to the Gulf of Mexico
• Ten minutes from the mainland; Ferry service available from the mainland
• Two miles from Costin Airport, a 4000' grass strip; 22 miles from Apalachicola
• On-site dockage for up to 32’ vessel
• Includes 1-Acre Mainland dock and support site
• Regulation size helicopter pad on island
• Twenty-six 2-Bedroom Bungalows
• 6500 sq. ft. Big Game Club with 3 separate lounge areas
• Swimming pool, health spa and fitness area; White, sandy beaches
• Full service restaurant; Bay level cafe
• Fleet of watercraft for owners' enjoyment; Putting greens with sand traps
• Nearby full-service marina, shopping and dining